Internet Protection Tips
Keeping your computer system safe and healthy is something that should be at the forefront of every PC user’s mind. This means performing backups of important data, running error checks of your operating system and also scanning with anti malware tools. When your computer system becomes slow and less responsive this can often be fixed quickly by running a disk defragmenter and also a registry scan. However, there may come a point when your system’s performance takes a big dive due to a malware infection. In this case things can become more serious leading to system corruption and theft of important data. At http://www.malwarethreat.com/ we give an overview of important internet security guidelines to follow and we’ll summarize them below.
Web Security Tips
1. File Downloads – I think its fair to say that we all like downloading software, files, mp3’s and documents from the internet, but how many of us scan these items before opening them up. Because these are the most common routes through which malware infiltrates a computer you need to scan all files downloaded.
2. Emails – We all receive emails and open up attachments from time to time and these can also contain malicious threats. To be safe, scan your downloaded attachment before opening them up.
3. Pop Ups – Many times, you might come across websites which have lots of advertisements or pop ups, and this is yet another route through which malware can attack a computer. Avoid clicking on advertisements and pop ups at all costs as these are not only annoying but also dangerous.
4. Phishing Links – Sometimes you might receive an email which asks you to click on a certain link to login to your bank account. These are usually phishing links. If you click on these links and type out your bank/personal details, this information is usually captured by hackers who then break in to your account an steal your money. Financial institutions never provide links in email so don’t ever click on these.
5. Anti Malware Software – Every computer system should have one installed. Perform scans every day and make sure the software is constantly updated to allow it to defend against malware. Visit http://www.malwarethreat.com/spyhunter-review/ for a detailed review of popular malware removal software.